Media AS

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Preliminary Task - School Magazine

Flat Plan of preliminary Magazine


Doing a flat plan of my preliminary school magazine meant that i was able to see it on paper before I put it on the computer. Working with a pen allowed me to become more creative as I am new to Photoshop. Once i had put the designs onto photoshop I was able to experiment with the different fonts and effects, making it look more like a magazine. 

Analysis of contents page

This is my analysis of the presentation on the preliminary task I carried out. It is laid out clearly, showing my analysis on my front page, contents page and original image.

The front page of 'La Swap News' has a photograph taken by me as its background. I have used consistent colours for the header and information boxes. I have also used one font throughout to keep the theme the same. Using Photoshop, I was able to manipulate my image by giving it a painted brushed effect. Photoshop also allowed me to crop the image, altering the main focus point of the image. Adding the text to anchor this image was simple, as Photoshop  allows you to place text behind of in front other layers easily. This meant that I could add coloured rectangles behind each piece of text, giving a more creative and artistic look to the front cover.


I used the same skills to create the contents page. I was able to arrange the images so that the text could still be seen as I placed the words in front of the pictures. This was done by using layers. Photoshop allows me to put different layers in front or behind one another, enabling different images and texts to overlap and be seen. 


Original Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment